We Protect Your Privacy
The Information We Collect
We receive and store information you provide on our website. you may provide us with information through our web forms, newsletter sign ups, profiles and as otherwise provided on our website. Your phone number, email address and physical address will never be public on causeway.org. We will not rent or sell any such information to any third party. There are specific instances when we may give your information (name, email address and/or address) to the owner of a cause you have supported on our site. For example, if you contribute to a cause by pledging your volunteer time, materials, expertise or facilities, the owner of the cause will need your contact information to touch base with you about volunteering, or donating your materials or facilities. We will keep your monetary donation information confidential, such as your name and contact information, unless you give us permission to share that information with the cause owner of a cause you are financially supporting. Many owners of causes have requested this information so they can write thank you notes or thank you emails to donors. You can set your sharing preferences by editing your Causeway profile at any time.
All online monetary donations are processed through PayPal, so we do not have access to your credit card or bank account information when you make a donation. We cannot access this information or provide it to anyone else. Please refer to PayPal’s policy guide for more information.
Use of Information
We will use the personal information you provide to us to:
- identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- enable us to provide access to our website and services;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
- present causes to you which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of our website and services;
- administer your account with us;
- enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through our website;
- analyze the use of our website and services and the people visiting to improve our content and services; and
- use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
We try to keep emails to a minimum. We will send you emails relating to your personal transactions. You will also receive certain email notifications, for which you may opt-out. We may send you service-related announcements on occasions when it is necessary to do so.
“Cookies” are small files or pieces of information stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive when you visit a website.